For your convenience we will arrange your visa, after obtaining a scan copy of your passport and the personal information. Once an approval reference number has been issued we will send it to you with an invitation letter using which you can contact the Iranian Embassy in your country to receive your visa. This can be in person or by a post or other delivery methods in your home country (each embassy has its own procedure). We will be happy to help you, if you need.
Note 1: Please ensure that your passport is valid at least 6 months at the time of travel to Iran. It will be difficult to make changes to the application, once we start the visa process.
Note 2: You are asked for passport information after you receive confirmation on your participation. Thus please DO NOT send passport information with your application.
Note 3: you can apply for an Iranian visa upon arriving at an international airport in the country some of major Iran’s gates of entry like international airports of Tehran, Shiraz, Isfahan, Tabriz, Mashhad , Kish or even at some of the southern ports at the Persian gulf.
you can apply for your tourist visa by using link below: http://e_visa.mfa.ir/en/visa-arrival/
There a number of direct flights and indirect flights to Tehran Intl. airport (airport code IKA).
- Iran Air and Mahan Air (most of the capital cities in Europe and Asia; NOT daily, NO online booking in most cases).
- China Southern (Urumchi, Connections to Eastern Asia)
- Emirates (Dubai DIRECT; connections to main destinations around the world; day time, overnight)
- KLM (Amsterdam DIRECT; connections to main destinations in Europe; NOT daily)
- Lufthansa (Frankfurt DIRECT; daily)
- Pegasus and Atlasjet (Istanbul DIRECT, connections to many destinations in Europe, overnight)
- Qatar Airways (Doha DIRECT; connections to main destinations in Europe; day time and overnight)
- Turkish Airlines (Istanbul DIRECT, connections to many destinations in Europe and around the world, 1 daytime and 3 overnight flights)
- BritishAirways, AirFrance, Azerbaijan and other regional air lines
Arrival and Airport Transfer
As you arrive at the terminal please proceed to the passport control (Foreigners) and then collect your checked in bag (if any). A local TAXI company will be arranged for airport transfer pickup. On arrival, after the custom control (X-ray scan) look for the workshop poster held by the driver. The driver will take you to the guest house directly.
The lecture hall and the lab will be within Farmanieh campus.
School of Astronomy
All visitors are welcome to visit School of Astronomy located in Laarak Garden, about 3 km from the Farmanieh Building where the lectures will be.